GRAND ISLE SHIPYARD, INC.
GIS was founded in 1948 with a minimum of personnel and an emphasis on boat repairs.
Through the years, GIS has continued to grow based on the founder's business philosophy.
GIS has expanded into a vigorous service oriented company providing a full range of construction
services, which include:
- Full service fabrication facilities (including pipe and structural)
- Onshore and offshore painting
- Offshore, onshore, plant construction and maintenance operations
- Environmental services, including tank and vessel cleaning
- Heavy equipment, dirt and aggregate sales, delivery and placement, excavation, clearing, foundations, and civil
The following services are also provided through GIS:
- Project management
- Pipe and structural dimensioning
- Detailing of structural, process piping, and fabrications
- Materials management
- ASME Coded Vessels (R & U Stamps)
- Hazwoper service
- Contract Labor